Veteran Services

At Davis-Anderson Funeral Home, our staff is trained to handle the details of making burial and cremation arrangements for veterans. Did you know that military honors are available to all veterans regardless of rank or location of burial? And, were you aware that the military does not accept payment for these services under any circumstance?

To establish veteran eligibility you can have us obtain your DD 214 Form which is the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty. For veteran's benefits you must have any status other than dishonorable discharge. For information about how to go about receiving this document, go to:

Taps and Flags

If you are a Veteran with an honorable discharge we can arrange for the military to provide Taps for you at the graveside and for a flag for your family to have. More information on Veteran's flags can be seen at:

Presidential Memorial Certificate

We can also write to the government and obtain a Presidential Memorial Certificate for you and your family. We submit both a death certificate and a copy of your honorable discharge to:

U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs
National Cemetery Administration (403A)
810 Vermont Ave., NW
Washington, D.C. 20420

To read more about the Certificate you may go to

Honor Guards

We are able to arrange for honor guards for Veteran's funerals.

Grave Marker

We can assist you in obtaining a grave marker for the cemetery where you chose to be buried. Just let us know you are interested in a marker and we will prepare the documentation for you or for more information you can write to:

Memorial Programs Services (403)
Department of Veterans Affairs
810 Vermont Ave., N.W.
Washington, DC 20420

If you have any questions about Veterans Services, please feel free to contact us at (217) 854-3161.